Ottawa Sportsmen's Club - Turkey Shoot Sponsor Letter
The 39th annual Ottawa Sportsmens' Club Turkey Shoot will take place on September
26th at the Club grounds 6 miles west of Baraga on
M-38. We greatly appreciate our faithful Sponsors of this popular annual event. Your
continued support has greatly contributed to Conservation Education in the Western Upper
Peninsula and local input to Statewide Conservation matters.
With your help the Ottawa Sportsmens' Club continues to focus on Conservation
programs which benefit the youth of our area. Examples of some of our projects this past year
- We sponsor Tracks Magazine in area Schools. Tracks is a weekly Conservation oriented study
aid for 5th and 6th grade students. Over 400 students receive this fine conservation magazine
in the classroom each week during the school year.
- We continued our sponsorship of a conservation library books and videos for both L'Anse and
Baraga School Libraries.
- We sponsor hunter safety instruction for over 150 area youth each year in order that they
can learn to enjoy outdoor shooting sports properly and safely.
- We implemented a week long shooting sports camp for area teenagers in June of 2000.
Members of the Club who are certified firearms instructors supervised this camp. This will
become an annual event at the Ottawa Club.
- We have implemented a grant program to area schools to fund conservation oriented field
trips and projects.
- We have initiated a scholarship program for area high school graduates who continue their
education in the fields of environment or natural resources.
- This is just a sampling of the many projects and programs of the Ottawa Sportsmens' Club.
We appreciate your continued support of the many Conservation oriented activities of
the Club. Our area needs continued responsible conservation leadership.
Sincerely, Russ Weisinger, President, August 1, 2000